Monday, September 19, 2011

A New American Family

     I’m trying to tell our family story in every available medium because I believe this is an important story for all Americans today. 
     With six beautiful, adopted children, black, brown and white, all born in the USA in the 1960’s, my wife Pat and I have experienced America as it will increasingly become in the 21st Century.  I feel that every American should understand and embrace the new America that we have come to know.
     For a complete description of our approach to this mission, please check our website http://www.peterlikins.com.
     The website provides the most convenient access to my memoir about our family, the two facebook pages devoted to the story, and the blogspot where excerpts of the book will appear over time, beginning with a series called “Addiction and Schizophrenia in an American Family.”
     The book, “A NEW AMERICAN FAMILY:  A Love Story,” was published in March, 2011 by the University of Arizona Press.  It is available from the UA Press, online and in many bookstores, as described on our website.
     I hope you will like what you see in these different opportunities to view the new America through my family’s eyes, and help others discover our America as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment